Lady Captain 2018
Main Committee Representative: Mrs Janice Windsor
Secretary/ Treasurer: Mrs Helen Pears
0113 279 1058
Calverley Golf Club
LADIES SECTION COMPETITION RULES
- All members must register and sign the register book provided before commencing to play in any competition.
- Each player is responsible for her own handicap. The score card must have handicap, name, date and competition name/Extra Day Score, filled in prior to play. The card must also be signed and counter-signed on completion and placed in the box provided.
- All Full Lady members are eligible to play in monthly LGU medals when they have gained an official handicap of 36 or below. All other board competitions are open to all seven day Lady members with an official handicap.
- To constitute a competition, all board competitions must have a minimum of 4 entries. Ties will be decided on the last 9, 6, 3 or 1 hole(s) net score(s) on the card.
- In the event of the competition being cancelled due to the course being unplayable, Rule 33.2d will apply. This will be declared by the Lady Captain and one other Committee member.
- In order to play in the Annual Medal/Stableford finals each qualifier must have played in at least 50% of the qualifying rounds unless there are mitigating circumstances which will be validated by the Competition Secretary / Ladies Committee.
- A fee is payable to enter competitions. This fee contributes towards the purchase of prizes, trophies and general running costs of the Ladies Section.
- Once a draw has been made for partners and/or times, this cannot be changed and no more players can enter the competition. No substitutions are allowed once a draw has been made. All players must be at the Golf Club 30 minutes prior to their posted tee off times.
9 Where both scratch (gross) and handicap (net) prizes are offered it will not be permitted for a single competitor to accept both prizes. The handicap (net) prize will take precedence in most competitions.
Mixed Knockout Competition Rules
10 All matches are to be arranged by the
players involved on a convenient date to all. If a date cannot be arranged between the allotted dates, then the match will be decided by the toss of a coin.
Men play off White tees, Ladies off Red tees.
The player with the lowest handicap plays off scratch and all other players received ¾ handicap difference from the lowest handicap.
Men and Ladies play off their own stroke index, which are different.
EG the 10th on the Towler course plays as a Par 4 for men but a Par 5 for ladies so if a man pars it and the lady pars it with a shot, then the hole is won by the lady.
Any questions / queries regards rules etc contact the Ladies Competition Secretary on 07899 062071.